Today’s foodie trivia: Sushi is NOT raw fish, but the serving of vinegared rice with other ingredients, which may or may not include raw fish.
- 2 cups freshly cooked rice (sushi or short grain)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl and heat in microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Transfer rice into large mixing bowl and add vinegar mixture.
- Fold thoroughly to combine and coat each grain of rice with the mixture.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
P.S. Lemme know what you think!