Not only is tuna insanely delicious… it’s a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids. That, with potassium brings an anti-inflammatory effect to the cardiovascular system which lowers blood pressure and the risk of stroke and heart attacks. Of course, JRoc should be officially fixin hearts in 10 years or so… so we’ve got you covered either way 🙂
Oh! And on top of fantastic heart benefits, tuna is rich in zinc, manganese, vitamin C and selenium, that helps strengthen the immune system. #gohealth!
And now without further ado, I’d like to introduce you to the Ahi Tuna Tostada. Flavorful tuna marinated in soy-ginger, served on crispy tortillas and mashed avo. Mmmm… And as usual, they’re simple to prep!
Ready to try?
Ahi Tuna Tostadas
- 1 pound sashimi-grade Ahi tuna cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated (I use the one in the squeeze bottle!)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional - for spicy tuna!
- 2 avocados mashed
- Flour or corn tortillas we used flour
- Yum yum sauce to drizzle optional
- Cut Ahi into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds (and sriracha if making spicy tuna) into bowl with Ahi and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, flipping halfway through.
|Mmmm… Try this recipe?
Tag @thegirlplusfood on Instagram
with hashtag #GirlPlusGood
P.S. Lemme know what you think!